Tom grew up on a farm in Maryland, where he still lives to this day. When he was younger, a man that lived next door to him and used to shoot for the Navy got Tom interested in Archery. Since then, archery has become Tom’s favorite activity, and his job.
Tom currently competes in the Professional Senior Male Freestyle division. He shoots a Triumph, Apex 8, Conquest 3, Monster, and both a Z7 Xtreme and Z7. His most memorable archery moment was winning the Nationals.
Here are some of his recent accomplishments:
- 2010 – Mid-Atlantic Outdoor Sectional – 2nd
- 2010 – NFAA Marked 3-D National -4th
- 2010 – Mid-Atlantic Indoor Sectional – 1st
- 2010 – Outdoor Nationals – 4th
- 2011 – Vegas – 5th
- 2011 – Lancaster – 7th
- 2011 – Mid Atlantic indoor Sectionals – 1st
- 2011 – NFAA Unmarked 3-D – 1st
- 2011 – Senior Olympics – 1st
- 2011 – Outdoor Nationals – 1st
When Tom isn’t shooting archery, he enjoys long-range shooting and teaching children archery. He helps out at a local archery shop (Jefferson Archery) and helps other archers with any of the problems that he can. His advice to all new archers is, “Don’t practice bad shots, and be consistent in your shot.”
Tom Coblentz’s personal testimony regarding Mathews bows and Zebra strings:
“I believe in Mathews bows. I have shot my best scores with a Mathews and I wouldn’t shoot anything else. Zebra strings are really solid and my peep stays in place. What more could you ask for?”