Tammy Koenig has been enjoying archery for the past 28 years. Her bow of choice to hunt with is the Mathews Jewel.
Some of her accomplishments include:
- On record as the first woman in the world to teach an all woman class in archery and bowhunting as part of the very first Becoming an Outdoors Woman clinic ever offered in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
- Tammy is a published outdoor writer for several magazines including Badger Sportsman, Bowhunter Magazine, Rub Lines and several on-line publications.
- She has appeared on Adventure Bound Outdoors, The Hunters Journal, Outdoor Pursuits and other nationally and locally televised programs and DVDs.
- Tammy has taken over 60 big game animals
- Tammy is also an inspirational and seminar speaker if 15 years for wild game dinners and sport shows across the nation.
When Tammy is not competing, she enjoys training and showing reining horses, watching NASCAR and studying the Bible.
The advice that Tammy gives to new archers is to start shooting with a bow of lower draw weight than you think you can pull. Once you have a solid shooting form and better muscle base, start to increase your weight for more speed. If you try to do it too early, you will only strain yourself, not give yourself time to establish good form and simply miss faster. Discouragement may come but don’t give up! You can do it, just remember, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me Philippians 4:13.