Randy’s parents got him involved with archery when he was only 5 years old. “They’ve always supported me since then and tried to keep me driven to be the best that I can be. I’m also thankful for all of the people I’ve gotten to meet and all of the good friends I have made. Telling jokes and old stories with them has been the best part of my archery career!”
Randy Brabec shoots a Conquest Triumph and a Monster. He competes in the FS division and some of his most recent accomplishments include the following:
- 2010 – LAS VEGAS – TIED 1ST
- 2010 – NFAA INDOOR NAT. – 4TH
- 2010 – YANKTON,SD CLASSIC – 3RD
- 2010 – REDDING TRAIL SHOOT – 1ST TEAMS,2ND INDIV.
- 2010 – BIG SKY OPEN – 1ST FSL 2ND FS IND. CLAY EVENT
- 2011 – Vegas, Indoor National, Yankton Classic, Redding California, Big Sky Open, Out Door National, All State Tournament – one 1st place, rest are 2nd place finishes
The best memory he has from his archery career is winning World Team with Kirk Ethridge.
When not competing, Randy enjoys time in the outdoors with his family. He loves hunting, fishing, riding horses, and shooting local 3-D events with his daughters. Randy also spends time shooting in archery club leagues. “I am always having people ask for help, so I spend most of that time showing new archers proper form and aiming techniques.”
Randy’s advice to any new archers out there is, “No matter how bad it is, always have fun, smile, and relax!”
Randy Brabec’s personal testimony regarding Mathews bows and Zebra strings:
“All of the Mathews bows I have shot have been fantastic. Easy to aim, easy to tune, all around great. And I’ve never had any problems with Zebra strings!”