Kendal Nicely shoots a Conquest 4 and an Apex 8 in the Female Pro division. Her most memorable archery moment was wining Junior Worlds in Legnica Poland and breaking her world record twice. Here are some of her other, more recent archery accomplishments:
- 2011 – Youth World Championship Legnica Poland – Gold Medal, World Record in Gold Medal match
- 2009 – At 18 made her 2nd US Team Competing in Ulsan Korean
- 2008 – Youth World Championship Antalya Turkey – Gold Medal Individual and Team
- 2007 – Youth World Championship Indoors Rzeszow Poland – Silver Individual, Gold Team
- 2007 – Youngest (16) compound archer at the Adult World Championship in Leipzig Germany
Kendal started shooting for fun and going to local tournaments when she was three years old. Then, at age 13, she began going to national tournaments. At 15, she was shooting internationally.
Her dad has had the biggest influence on her archery career because he taught her all she knows. She also thanks her mother Darcy Nicely for supporting and helping her get where she needed to go.
Her favorite part of competition is making friends with new people. However, she also enjoys traveling and feeling the satisfaction of accomplishing goals.
She attends a JOAD program at her house every Wednesday and Thursday to help young archers improve and enjoy archery. To any new archers, Kendal’s advice is to”Practice, practice, practice! If you can get consistent with the way you shoot, you can become a good shooter. Think of your form and find out what works best for you.”
When not competing, Kendal likes hiking, walking dogs, exercising, and hanging out with friends.
Kendal Nicely’s personal testimony regarding Mathews bows and Zebra strings:
” Mathews bows tune extremely well and aim better than any bow I’ve ever shot. And Zebra strings are nice, balanced strings with no peep rotation problems.”