Guy Phillips has been shooting bow for the last 12 years. He currently competes in the Male Open Freestyle division. When competing, his bows of choice are the Conquest Triumph and the Conquest Apex 7. Some of his most recent accomplishments include:
- 2010 – Fita Archery World Cup 3 (Utah) – 17th
- 2010 – Fita Archery World Cup 2 – 9th
- 2010 – Australian National Championships – 2nd
- 2010 – Australian National Ranking list (May and June) – 1st
- 2009 – Australian Open – 3rd
- 2009 – World University Championships – 9th
- 2008 – Australian Open – 2nd
- 2008 – Jr World Archery Championships – 4th – individually, 3rd – teams
Guy first got involved in the sport of archery at the age of 8. He was introduced to archery through a neighbor who shot in his back yard. The first shot that he had taken hit the center of the target. Since that time, he has been hooked. Guy says that his parents and coaches had made the biggest impact on his archery career. He says, “They supported me and pushed me to achieve me goals and dreams.” The biggest piece of advice that he would give to new archers is to spend as much time as you can on the shooting range and shoot as if it was a competition.
Outside of competition, Guy is studying to be a Physiotherapist and he also manages a small archery shop.
“Most memorable archery moment would be that very first shot that I ever did hitting the center of the target”.