Allan Ruddock shoots an Apex 8, Conquest 4, MR6, Legacy, and FX in the BHFS and FS divisions.
Allan got involved in shooting through his father, who bought him his first bow. He says that Rod Schooler and Bob Gentry have had the biggest impact on his archery career, and his favorite part of archery is the competition. His most memorable archery moment is shooting a clean 14 field round BHFS at the nationals and tying Terry Ragsdale with a score of 553, the top score that day.
Here are some of his most recent archery accomplishments:
- 2010 – NFAA Marked 3D Nationals – 1st
- 2010 – Dakota classic – 2nd
- 2010 – NFAA Field Nationals – 1st
- 2011 – Dakota Classic – 1st
- 2011 – NFAA Marked 3D Nationals – 1st
- 2011 – NFAA Field Nationals – 2nd
- 2012 – Dakota Classic – 1st
- 2012 – NFAA 3D Marked Nationals – 1st
- 2012 – NFAA Field Nationals – 1st
Allan tries to practice every weekend to keep up his strength. He also practices aiming a lot and works on shot execution and follow through. When not competing, Allan enjoys helping young people at his local club, using a metal detector to search for gold and other items, and bass fishing.
Allan Ruddock’s personal testimony regarding Mathews’ bows and Zebra strings:
“Mathews bows are smooth to draw and are designed to be very user friendly. They don’t have any hand shock and are easy to tune. I love ‘em! I also haven’t had a Zebra Bowstring move or creep much!”