Joined: 9/22/2008Ok so I have tried many many different recipes and have since created my own little bit of Heaven.
1-1 1/2 lbs your favorite fresh ground game meat
1/2 package crumbled blue cheese.
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
Minced or chopped onions
McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite
1. Thaw meat at room temp all day, or all night in fridge.
2. Open Beer.
3. get big mixing bowl and ingredients
4. add thawed meat, venison, elk, antelope, whatever you have.
5. add half to 3/4 of the package of blue cheese
6. add three big dollops of JD BBQ sauce
7. add about 2 tbl of garlic powder
8. add about 2 tbl of chopped or minced onions
9. add about 2 tsp of grillmates mesquite
10. mix thoroughly
11. pat into patties
12. grill medium heat for about ten minutes
13. turn flame off and add cheese. (we like Tillamook swiss or cheddar best)
14. top and enjoy (we like butter lettuce, tomato, ketchup, & sometimes bacon)
15. dont forget to open a fresh beer as needed
pictures as it goes:
Blue Cheese added
BBQ sauce added
Garlic powder added
Grill mates Mesquite added
MMMMMM MMMMMM WORLDS BEST !
Testimony:…. 2 months ago my wife wouldn’t even hardly tolerate Deer or Antelope meat cooking in the kitchen!!!! (I just got her to eat elk last year!)
After tasting this recipe….. she has eaten my deer killed this August and my antelope just back from the processor today!
She’s a wimp and now she LOVES my burgers!!!!!
Definitely the WORLDS BEST BURGERS!!!
Hope you like it!
Joined: 2/2/2005Have you ever made it with something other then blue cheese?
Have you ever made it with something other then blue cheese?
It’s great with sharp cheddar too
Joined: 10/27/2010I make some burgers with fresh chopped cilantro, coarse black pepper and crumbled goat cheese…wife and I love it.
I don’t mix any fat in my venison. Keep it lean and healthy.
Location: ManitobaTTTAuthorPostsViewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Click here to log into your account.
Find A Retailer Near YouNow is a great time to find the nearest Mathews Retailer near you!
Need some assistance?
Below are links to some of our most requested resources to help answer your questions about our products.
Still need some help? Give us a shout by submitting a support request! Our customer service staff can help answer any of your questions whether it is concerning our products, our retailers, warranty, or general support.
Sign up to receive our monthly eNews.
Learn More »
Login and download available media resources.
Learn More »
Learn more about the core values which shape our company and our products.
Become A Retailer
Independently owned and operated Mathews Retailers communicate not only Mathews product features & benefits but more importantly they represent our Core Values of Integrity, Innovation & Impact. Learn More »
My Mathews Login X
Find a Retailer X