During a shooting session this week I busted a fletching. I decided to remove the other 2 and try my hand at bare shaft tuning. I started off shooting through paper.
I was pleased with the results through paper so I started shooting for groups with my fletched arrows. Started out at 10 just to make sure I was close then moved out to 20. To say I’m pleased is an understatement! I’ve never had this much confidence in a setup. You’ll notice the bareshaft has a lighted nock. The reason is two fold. I can watch the path of the arrow and it added some weight to the backend that was lost due to the removed fletching.