TEAM 15 TINE TUMBLERS

Home Forums 2013 Archery Contest Room TEAM 15 TINE TUMBLERS

This topic contains 263 replies, has 12 contributors, and was last updated by bobbor76 bobbor76 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 264 total)
  • Author
  • September 7, 2013 at 1:54 pm #593768 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

Saw two doe’s this morning but to far to shoot.
    Hitting it again in the morning.
    It felt great to be back in the woods.
    September 7, 2013 at 5:47 pm #593777 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

2 more weeks here… I can’t wait to get out there… Just need a little cooler weather but that’s not going to stop me… Prob just won’t stay as long

Sent from my fruity phone

Mathews Switchback XT!
    September 9, 2013 at 2:56 pm #594062 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Not sure if you guys saw my post in the Bow Hunting section about double checking your gear… my release strap broke on me Saturday.
    Dropped by the bow shop today and checked out a few options… ended up going back with the Scott Little Goose.
    Was considering a change to a thumb release T-Handle style but I figured it was too close to the season to make that kind of change.
    I’ll be back out there to check my camera on Friday… hopefully the protein pellets will have some results.

Bird, did you see anything on Sunday?

Mathews Switchback XT!
    September 9, 2013 at 5:28 pm #594100 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_embarassed}Yes I saw something Sunday.
    I moved to a stand closer to where I saw them doe’s Saturday At 8:30am.
    So 8:00am I thought I’m going to grab my bow and be ready and to cut down on my movement.
    I reached up to grab it and soon as I put my hand on my bow a doe starting blow at me 25 yards away!
    she snuck right in one me.
    Saturday afternoon I did glass a bean field and saw some deer in the same area I seen during turkey season.
    I’m heading out there tomorrow to set up a blind and thought I try to hunt it while I’m there. It’s going to be around 90 degrees.
    September 10, 2013 at 8:12 am #594205 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

90 Degrees should be reserved for fishing, golf, and swimming… bowhunting should be 60 degrees max… we need a law!!!

I don’t think you could get congress to agree on that but do you think if we write a letter to Mr. Obama that he would sign an executive order to change the weather??

Mathews Switchback XT!
    September 10, 2013 at 10:11 am #594235 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

I’m starting to think I might have to place a stand there, the beans may be to tall.
    September 10, 2013 at 10:37 pm #594390 Back to Top REPORT
    the-ghost
    The Ghost

Hunting  a bean field in 90 degree temps would be about the same as getting an educated worthwhile response out of Obama to write an executive order — They would both be full of HOT AIR!!
    September 11, 2013 at 4:58 am #594409 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

Got there yesterday took a change of clothes, bow, pole saw, a stand, and a blind. I quickly realized I couldn’t get to the spot I wanted without walking though the beans.
    The edge of the field was grown up with weeds over my head so I said screw it. I scouted a small patch of woods and went home and enjoyed a couple cold ones.
    A cold front is coming in Thursday afternoon and the highs for Saturday is 72 so its looking good for this weekend.
    September 12, 2013 at 10:44 am #594547 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up} Just a quick update. My deer on camera all but stopped during the hot weather blast. Now they are back again since it cooled off. Not uncommon in our region. Seems like the deer stay in the corn when it gets real hot. Slipping out into  the edge of the beans late at night.

Our season doesn’t start until the 28th. of Sept. Can’t wait to get back out in the stand.

Good LUCK to all!  {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

September 12, 2013 at 11:50 am #594550 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

I’m biting my nails waiting to go check my camera tomorrow afternoon…. Season starts next Saturday the 21st and the 10 day weather outlook finally shows that day… Thunderstorms moving through Friday and should be a low of around 68 on Saturday morning… not great but not too bad.  Hopefully I can stay out there for a few hours and maybe see something…. just not sure where I want to hunt at yet… I need about 3 more cameras… haha!!
    Mathews Switchback XT!
    September 13, 2013 at 8:18 am #594666 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Got a call yesterday from the guy on the lease right next to mine that we may have a boundary issue…
    Apparently the boundary that I was shown on this new lease was off by quite a bit and 2 of my stands along with the 2 mineral licks that I established are on the other guys lease… womp womp…

The guy was pretty nice about it and told me that he wouldn’t make me move my stands this close to deer season but I feel kind of bad hunting on their property… I don’t think they bowhunt so I took down everything except one of the stands that is near one of the mineral licks for early bow season and then I’ll move my stuff out before the rifle season starts.

Really sucks that I went in there and cleared all the trails and spent money on the minerals… real bummer.

Since I had to go out there yesterday to look at the boundaries… I got to check the camera.

Nothing has touched the protein pellets. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_down}  {#emotions_dlg.mathews_doah} No Pictures at all…

So overall I had a pretty rough day as far as deer hunting goes…

Mathews Switchback XT!
    September 13, 2013 at 8:19 am #594669 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Birdx33 did something happen to your photobucket account?  All our sigs are gone
    Mathews Switchback XT!
    September 13, 2013 at 1:48 pm #594715 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_applause}” LOOK WHO’S POPULAR “ {#emotions_dlg.mathews_nerd}  Yep, and don’t forget Handsome, Loveable, and a “Darn Good Shot” as well. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_whistle}
    September 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm #594723 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

Birdx33 did something happen to your photobucket account? All our sigs are gone

It says I used up all my bandwidth.
    I never seen this before. The only thing that could be doing it is that I made a sig  for I think team 18 and they are feeding off of mine also.

September 14, 2013 at 12:50 pm #594805 Back to Top REPORT
    the-ghost
    The Ghost

Birdx33 did something happen to your photobucket account? All our sigs are gone

It says I used up all my bandwidth.
    I never seen this before. The only thing that could be doing it is that I made a sig for I think team 18 and they are feeding off of mine also.

Bird – Try logging back into your photo bucket account and re-upload your signature.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 264 total)