TEAM 15 TINE TUMBLERS

Home Forums 2013 Archery Contest Room TEAM 15 TINE TUMBLERS

This topic contains 263 replies, has 12 contributors, and was last updated by bobbor76 bobbor76 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)
  • Author
  • November 27, 2013 at 1:34 pm #608288 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Wife wanted to buy me a camera for Christmas… did a little research and came up with a lot of suggestions for the Moultrie M80… Told her that’s what I wanted and they were $130 at Academy.

She made the mistake of sending me to get it for myself… They were on sale for $99 so I got the one she wanted to give me for Christmas and I got myself one… haha

I’ll make a short hunt Thanksgiving morning and hopefully I’ll be out there all day Friday and Saturday…. gotta put some meat on the ground!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys and if you are still hunting good luck to you!  Post up some pictures of Large Beasts!!!

November 27, 2013 at 1:44 pm #608291 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

Good Luck Reggoh !!!  Everyone else as well.  Have a Good Thanksgiving Everyone !!! {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

Will try to hunt all I can. Single digits here most of the week with highs in the teens.  Suppose to warm up to freezing by this weekend.

November 30, 2013 at 10:55 am #608761 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Saw a button buck wednesday evening but i let him walk… Hoping he comes back with his mama or daddy

Sent from my fruity phone

November 30, 2013 at 3:12 pm #608774 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    this morning nov 30th before ohio state vs Michigan game

as i climb up tree 6:30 am .whithin 20 mins later i spoted a nice 8pt buck coming my way ,what the heck is he doing ?@#$ bedded right there  ,geez 60 plus yards away from me ,waited til he moves and i notice he get ready to get up , shake his fur and i grunted him, he turns he head ,and walks away !!!

bummer !!!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_down}

-}}}--------------------> shooting Helim and now switchy is retire hangin on the wall!
    December 3, 2013 at 11:50 am #609188 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

I didn’t hunt as much as I wanted to this past weekend… Didn’t even go on Saturday or Sunday… maybe this little break will relieve some of the pressure out there… Something needs to change so I can start seeing some deer during shooting hours.

We have another front coming in on Friday so I’ll be back out there this weekend with the cooler weather.

Anything going on for you guys?  We are still in this thing… only 58 points leading.

December 3, 2013 at 11:59 am #609189 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

Got out this weekend. Spent over 25 hours in tree stands. Great weekend of time in the stands, but lousy hunting weekend. Weather was great for a change 30′s and 40′s both days. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

Saturday had 2 Tresspassers drive withing 50 ft. of the stand I was in. Yelled at them and they took off . The bad part was they drove along the creek and trees for almost a 3/4  mile. Blew everything out of the area. The gate they came thru was wired shut. They cut the wire to get in. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_brick_wall}

Sunday morning I got out a good hour and a half before sun up. Noticed some fresh tracks in the frost on the ground. One set going in and one set coming out of the field.  It’s a 1/2 mile hike to this stand. As I got close to the stand, I could see someone driving around and spotlighting in the field next to me. It’s private ground and no one has permission to be in there. Called the Sheriff right away, but the bad guys left before the deputy could get there.  Safe bet they hit my field first.  Darn, would have liked to catch them in my field. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_whip} {#emotions_dlg.mathews_whistle}

I still hunted all weekend, had a great time, but due to the circumstances didn’t see a thing.  Hope you guys had better luck. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_smile}

Almost forgot, got out Friday morning for 3 hours. Passed on a forky and a 3 x 3.

About 1 AM Saturday morning, I was asking myself why I thought getting up at 5:30 to hunt on Friday was a good idea. I still had 90 miles to drive to get home.  I work part time / on call,  for one of the major freight companies.  Normally it isn’t a problem to make the 600 mile round trip.  With good weather, it takes about 11 hours to do the run. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_peace}

December 4, 2013 at 3:05 pm #609371 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

Fellas I got a doe last Tuesday but didn’t find it till Wednesday morning. The only problem the coyotes found her first.
    i didn’t call her in since I couldn’t eat her, so no points.

December 5, 2013 at 9:51 pm #609634 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Bummer about the doe bird… Just have to get another one

Sent from my fruity phone

December 11, 2013 at 6:54 am #610412 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

Birdx33,

Around here that  damage would be caused by domestic dogs.  Yotes generally start at the rear and work their way forward. Make a reall mess of the carcuss also.

I’m still hunting.  Getting tired of these single digit temps. When I was in my 20′s I loved it because no one else was out hunting when it got this cold.  Still enjoy it, but at 65 I have to take a break every 3 hours and warm up.

In hind sight, wished I hadn’t passed on some of those nice bucks I let walk earlier.   LOL !!

Just a Tip for you Guys.  If you are going to get old, start younger so you don’t experience such drastic changes in your body.  LOL !!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_laughing}

December 11, 2013 at 3:46 pm #610451 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

Bobber, Her guts were ripped open just didn’t post a pic of it.
    It didn’t look like they found her much sooner than I did.
    I know what your talking about on getting older. I passed up on some goose hunting the other day due to the temps and that it has been a long time since I’ve slept in.
    December 12, 2013 at 9:21 pm #610676 Back to Top REPORT
    the-ghost
    The Ghost

Just a Tip for you Guys. If you are going to get old, start younger so you don’t experience such drastic changes in your body. LOL !!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_laughing}

Bobbor – Living longer is a good thing, it’s just getting old that sucks! {#emotions_dlg.eusa_think}

December 15, 2013 at 8:16 am #611108 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    dang it , someone is cutting wood in my neck of woods and they have dogs running around ,need to find another wood ! crap
    -}}}--------------------> shooting Helim and now switchy is retire hangin on the wall!
    December 16, 2013 at 5:51 am #611209 Back to Top REPORT
    viperhawk50
    viperhawk50

Hey Bob,  You still at it ole buddy?

Merry Christmas everyone,

God Bless,

Richard

December 16, 2013 at 12:30 pm #611233 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

Hey Bob, You still at it ole buddy? 

Merry Christmas everyone,

God Bless,

Richard

Yes Sir!! Out there freezing my   “Gear”   every chance I get.   Single digits again this weekend.   Still saw a few  “Slick Heads”.   No shooter bucks.

December 17, 2013 at 10:54 am #611333 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Not much happening on my end guys…

Trip to Arkansas got postponed until the Christmas Holidays so I went to one of the WMA’s that I hadn’t been to in a while…
    Didn’t see anything while there… came back and hunted my lease on Saturday evening and saw that I had a few does and yearlings visiting that stand during shooting hours while I was out of town hunting… go figure.

Still plan on making that trip to Arkansas and I’ll keep at it until Feb 15 when the state shuts me down.

Good luck to you guys that are still slinging arrows!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 264 total)