TEAM 15 TINE TUMBLERS

Home Forums 2013 Archery Contest Room TEAM 15 TINE TUMBLERS

This topic contains 263 replies, has 12 contributors, and was last updated by bobbor76 bobbor76 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 264 total)
  • Author
  • November 5, 2013 at 1:02 pm #603591 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Well guys I’m getting really excited about my trip this weekend… Weather should be reasonably good with lows in the mid 40′s to low 50′s.
    We have an area scouted out that had a lot of deer sign and my dad even saw that one really nice buck.

We were a little concerned about going to far off the ATV trail and being able to get a big deer out because on NWR you are not allowed to quarter a deer… they must remain intact… I was debating on a game cart or trying one of those drag pads… The game cart I wanted was $160 and the deer Sleigh was $30 so I figured I’d give the sleigh a try first and see how it goes…  Looks pretty sweet and I hope I get to test it out this weekend.

Looks like this:

deer drag

Mathews Switchback XT!
    November 5, 2013 at 3:39 pm #603620 Back to Top REPORT
    birdx33
    birdx33

Good Luck And have a safe trip!
    November 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm #603991 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    well i am so tired now ,this weather is crazy !!
    well i am heading southern Ohio for 4-5 days so i hope tag big boy !!!
    good luck you all .Rut is on full swing NOW !!
    -}}}--------------------> shooting Helim and now switchy is retire hangin on the wall!
    November 10, 2013 at 6:59 pm #604429 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Well guys i struck out on my weekend trip… 3 days and we didnt even see a deer… Everybody out there said the same thing… Plenty of fresh sign but very little movement… Thats deer hunting

I am getting a couple of buck pics on my cams at the lease by the house and they should be rutting for the next few weeks

I got a pic today of a doe with little tiny devil horn antlers… Very cool looking

Sent from my fruity phone

Mathews Switchback XT!
    November 11, 2013 at 2:49 pm #604554 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    Just a quick update I seen 3 bucks today one shooter buck came in but no shot at him,I think he smell something wasn’t right.hope I get crack him tonight.he was possible 10 or 12 biggest I ever seen I my eyes fellas!
    -}}}--------------------> shooting Helim and now switchy is retire hangin on the wall!
    November 11, 2013 at 3:41 pm #604562 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Good Luck buddy… Kill a Giant… not just for the contest but for yourself!!  Have fun and be safe out there.
    I’m probably going to take a “personal day” on Wednesday with this cool front coming through… I have 2 weeks of vacation left that I need to burn.
    Mathews Switchback XT!
    November 11, 2013 at 7:59 pm #604628 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    Thank didn’t see any this eve.cold front is coming tomorrow am.about 25 degrees! Looking forward that !
    November 12, 2013 at 2:17 am #604665 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

Howdy Guys,  Finally can get some hunting done. Put the last load of corn in the bins Sunday afternoon. Now all I have to do is go find a buck.

Been cold and snowing here yesterday and today. Just not ready for that stuff yet. I did sneak out Sunday morning early and had one button buck and two doe under my stand.

Reggoh, I made a wheel barrow style deer cart for use in downed timber .  Works much better than the 2 wheel type carts. Want me to post up a couple of pics ??  I got less that $50. 00 in it. Probably weighs 20 – 25 pounds. Folds up nice and one guy can easily carry it.

Good Luck to all !!!

November 12, 2013 at 2:21 am #604668 Back to Top REPORT
    bobbor76
    bobbor76

Good Luck buddy… Kill a Giant… not just for the contest but for yourself!! Have fun and be safe out there.
    I’m probably going to take a “personal day” on Wednesday with this cool front coming through… I have 2 weeks of vacation left that I need to burn.

What the Heck is “Vacation” ??  Is that something new??  {#emotions_dlg.mathews_laughing}

November 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm #604732 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

Got the OK from the boss to take a day off tomorrow so I will be in the stand… Rut is starting to kick in around here too… Going to put out a little scent and see what happens… also going to make a drag rag for the way in… Maybe I’ll get lucky.

With the 2 weeks I have left I will probably take off the week of Christmas to spend with my family (or hunting)… the remaining week I think I’m just going to use sporadically depending on the weather for the next month… use it on good hunting days… weeee!!

Mathews Switchback XT!
    November 13, 2013 at 1:20 pm #604909 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    Got a question
    Do deer come in certain time for corn feeder?
    Seen small buck there eating corn this afternoon.saw 5 bucks today but won’t come in my calling.
    November 13, 2013 at 4:27 pm #605188 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

I know they get them on a timer somewhat in Texas… But there isnt much browse there so the corn is easy food

Ive tried it here in Louisiana with little to no success… Just too much food around… They eat the corn but its just not worth the risk to rush to a feeder is what i found

Sent from my fruity phone

Mathews Switchback XT!
    November 13, 2013 at 5:58 pm #605212 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    THANKS Reggoh! So far I have seen 17 deer with 3 property!I only got slim chance get one of these.but small one going to corn feeder!
    November 14, 2013 at 10:00 am #605319 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

I have a friend that hunts on a pretty big time ranch in South Texas ($7500-$10,000 per year).

They get TONS of does and smaller bucks that come out to the feeders after they go off in the morning and evenings but not a lot of big bucks.
    They usually catch those guys slipping up during the rut or occasionally they catch them cruising around during daylight but not necessarily at a feeder.

The deer that come to the feeder are usually trying to get to the corn before the birds and hogs eat it all so they do get conditioned to the sound of the feeder going off… in fact I think there is a call out now that mimics the sound of a feeder plate spinning corn.

BTW, I hunted my lease yesterday and didn’t see anything except a possum… he walked right under my stand and then went and ate some of my rice bran… if I would have had a small game head in my quiver I think he may have paid the ultimate price for his thievery.. he was fortunate and I let him live.

Mathews Switchback XT!
    November 14, 2013 at 5:01 pm #605440 Back to Top REPORT
    ohio-swb
    Ohio SWB

View My Bows
    thanks REGGOH! got the P.M but i updated it ,still won’t let me complete it
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 264 total)