4 wheeler?

Home Forums Non Archery Discussion 4 wheeler?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 18 contributors, and was last updated by wisc-rattlesnake Wisc.Rattlesnake 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
  • May 4, 2013 at 9:25 am #576838 Back to Top REPORT
    rickym
    RickyM

Thanks everyone! I’m going looking today, got every manufacturer mentioned with in 20 miles of each other not far from me. Guess we’ll see what we find!

Have fun bud!

May 4, 2013 at 5:19 pm #576852 Back to Top REPORT
    rabbit
    Rabbit

View My Bows
    Well I did it again! We looked around for a little while and I ended up with a Honda Fourtrax Foreman 4X4.  I’ll get some pics up later. Man I need to quit speeding money!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_brick_wall}
    May 4, 2013 at 8:16 pm #576856 Back to Top REPORT
    rickym
    RickyM

nice choice!
    May 4, 2013 at 9:40 pm #576864 Back to Top REPORT
    bootheel-boy
    bootheel boy

I’ve got a 2004 Honda foreman 450es.  I love that machine.  I have had it for about four years and have  never had any problems.  It has very low first two gears which gives it very good low end torque.  Mine has carried three people and a quartered cow elk up a pack trail at the same time.   Mine does 47 mph which is plenty fast for me.  Most of my driving is done less than 25 mph.  Honda makes great quads your gonna love it.   My dad never rode on a quad in his life but had no trouble learning to drive mine.   If its your first quad be careful.   http://www.hondaforeman.com is a great website for Honda owners lots of good info there and a pretty good forum for questions.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by bootheel-boy bootheel boy.
    May 5, 2013 at 6:05 am #576887 Back to Top REPORT
    rabbit
    Rabbit

View My Bows

I’ve got a 2004 Honda foreman 450es. I love that machine. I have had it for about four years and have never had any problems. It has very low first two gears which gives it very good low end torque. Mine has carried three people and a quartered cow elk up a pack trail at the same time. Mine does 47 mph which is plenty fast for me. Most of my driving is done less than 25 mph. Honda makes great quads your gonna love it. My dad never rode on a quad in his life but had no trouble learning to drive mine. If its your first quad be careful. http://www.hondaforeman.com is a great website for Honda owners lots of good info there and a pretty good forum for questions. 

• This reply was modified 7 hours, 55 minutes ago by Rabbitbootheel boy.

Thanks for the forum sight, looks like a lot of good information! I’ve used quads off and on for years but this is the first one that is mine. It’s still been a learning experience though, I never thought about all the accessories that you can get ether!

May 5, 2013 at 9:22 am #576910 Back to Top REPORT
    micky
    Micky

I’ve got a 2004 Honda foreman 450es. I love that machine. I have had it for about four years and have never had any problems. It has very low first two gears which gives it very good low end torque. Mine has carried three people and a quartered cow elk up a pack trail at the same time. Mine does 47 mph which is plenty fast for me. Most of my driving is done less than 25 mph. Honda makes great quads your gonna love it. My dad never rode on a quad in his life but had no trouble learning to drive mine. If its your first quad be careful. http://www.hondaforeman.com is a great website for Honda owners lots of good info there and a pretty good forum for questions. 

• This reply was modified 7 hours, 55 minutes ago by Rabbitbootheel boy.

Thanks for the forum sight, looks like a lot of good information! I’ve used quads off and on for years but this is the first one that is mine. It’s still been a learning experience though, I never thought about all the accessories that you can get ether!

Dennis, I bought a set of a-arm guards for my Sportsman. We ride over rocks and brush, especially when rounding up sheep. Protects the cv boot and the a-arm. I found them at theatvsuperstore.com. http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/TRX450R-2004-2008-Complete-Skid-Plate-Set-p/p-fslash-n%205136.htm
    I am not sure of the model that you purchased.But, the above link is an example for a complete skid plate set. You should be able to get the a-arms only.

Have fun!

May 5, 2013 at 12:27 pm #576925 Back to Top REPORT
    scfox
    SCFox

I’ve had a Sportsman 500 for 8 years now. It’s been a great machine, no issues at all.  I would recommend looking at Polaris, but another one to look at, is the Can-Am.  A friend of mine has a couple of them and they are quite the machine!!  Their 4wd system is amazing!!

SCFox

M7 Schaffer Opposition Axcel HD Axion stab
    May 5, 2013 at 4:48 pm #576961 Back to Top REPORT
    rabbit
    Rabbit

View My Bows
    May 5, 2013 at 9:27 pm #576987 Back to Top REPORT
    bootheel-boy
    bootheel boy

That’s a nice looking quad.   As far a accessories all I have is a winch and a treestand holder.  The tree stand holder helps keep by back rack clear for holding my bowcase.  The winch is one of those things that you might only use once a year but you will be glad you have one when you need it.  I use my winch and a long rope for pulling deer up steep hills where I feel the quad won’t make it or is to dangerous to take it.  If you plan on riding it in cold weather a set of API handlebar mitts are very nice to have.   Also I keep a very small 12 volt air compressor and  a tire plugging kit in my back storage box.   It’s another thing you won’t have to use very often but will be glad you have it when you need it.
    May 6, 2013 at 10:08 am #577030 Back to Top REPORT
    thunderchicken21
    thunderchicken21

congrats on the quad money bags!  You wanna buy me one??!  LOL

Looks great bud! {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

All We Do Is SELFILMED
    May 6, 2013 at 5:27 pm #577086 Back to Top REPORT
    rabbit
    Rabbit

View My Bows

congrats on the quad money bags! You wanna buy me one??! LOL 

Looks great bud!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

I would Brett but I spent all my money on me. Sorry bud maybe next time!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_tongue}

May 7, 2013 at 9:11 am #577144 Back to Top REPORT
    reggoh
    Reggoh

I think you made a great choice… Highly recommend protecting your CV Boots and A-Arms as Micky pointed out.  2nd recommendation is for Front and Back basket racks… the front rack is great for all of your smaller stuff and the back rack holds every thing else.  My back rack has the drop down feature… still has enough clearance to hook a trailer up to my ball but also does a nice job holding all my gear without sliding around.  You can also see my gun/bow holder attached to my front rack in the picture below… I take the speaker tube off during hunting season. ;)

My 2006 Honda Rancher

4 wheeler 2

Mathews Switchback XT!
    May 13, 2013 at 8:26 am #577810 Back to Top REPORT
    deere-farmer
    Deere Farmer

You made a great choice bud. That is the exact model I would have suggested for you.

I have a 1999 Honda Foreman 450S. It has 5,000 miles on it. I replaced the exhaust do to my Uncle riding around to farms with the choke on. I also replaced the battery last year. I figure that’s pretty good reliability over the last 14 years. I use mine for anything from joy riding, hunting, pulling trees out of the woods (some large ones too), etc. You’ll be happy! Theymay not be the fastest ATV’s on the market, but hands down the best reliability.

We also have a 1988 Honda 4trax 250cc on the farm. Its had many years of hard use pulling a 45′ boom sprayer with 150 gallon tank.

May 13, 2013 at 8:17 pm #577873 Back to Top REPORT
    blackdog
    BlackDog

Good choice. Ya picked a good one!
    Mines a 2008 Rubicon 500 cc. Got the auto so my other half could ride it. She’s only tried it a few times on her own LOL.

You’re gonna need some toys for it.
    Lets see: winch, plow (I know you get snow), chains, hand guards and mirrors, spot-light, tool and bow carriers, cargo box.

Winter mode: (just ditched the plow and chains today)
    IMG_1794

Build ya one of these for tree stands, ladders, spreader, tools etc. And don’t forget the rear work light!
    IMG_1795

This is why you need the rear box – to hold everything else you need!

IMG_1796

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

May 13, 2013 at 9:20 pm #577877 Back to Top REPORT
    bootheel-boy
    bootheel boy

Good choice. Ya picked a good one!
    Mines a 2008 Rubicon 500 cc. Got the auto so my other half could ride it. She’s only tried it a few times on her own LOL. 

You’re gonna need some toys for it.
    Lets see: winch, plow (I know you get snow), chains, hand guards and mirrors, spot-light, tool and bow carriers, cargo box.

Winter mode: (just ditched the plow and chains today)
    IMG_1794

Build ya one of these for tree stands, ladders, spreader, tools etc. And don’t forget the rear work light!
    IMG_1795

This is why you need the rear box – to hold everything else you need!

IMG_1796

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

You have way to much stuff on your quad.  You need to take half of that stuff off and send it to me.  Lol.   I like the spotlight and rear work light.   Those are two things that would come in handy from time to time for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)