4 wheeler?

Home Forums Non Archery Discussion 4 wheeler?

This topic contains 31 replies, has 18 contributors, and was last updated by wisc-rattlesnake Wisc.Rattlesnake 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
  • May 2, 2013 at 7:21 pm #576606 Back to Top REPORT
    rabbit
    Rabbit

View My Bows
    Finally got to the point where I can get a 4 wheeler and was wandering what you guys suggest. I’m thinking  Honda but don’t have much experience with them.
    May 2, 2013 at 7:36 pm #576608 Back to Top REPORT

damond

if it were me i would buy nothing but polaris,but since i have owned 8 different makes and models im a little partial to them.WHY? they have best suspension,the most ground clearance and the most power cc for cc
    May 2, 2013 at 7:56 pm #576612 Back to Top REPORT
    99fatboy
    99fatboy

Photo Gallery
    my thoughts exactly, polaris has them all whipped,hands down.
    black z7 magnum,tommy hogg,qad,b-stingers, vaportrail: blue smoke triumph,sword,hamskae,b-stingers:desert tactical chill R, tommy hogg,limbdriver pro v,ktech
    May 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm #576615 Back to Top REPORT
    big-buck-bandit
    big buck bandit

Polaris is the way to go. my dad has a kawaski my brother has a Honda theirs have had so much go wrong with theirs and I haven’t really had to do anything with mine besides change the oil. tranny went on dads and my brothers has had a lot that went wrong. I’ve had mine since I was twelve. its a sportsman 400. so lets just say I didn’t take it real easy on it when I was younger and it’s still running so Polaris is the way to go if you ask me
    May 2, 2013 at 8:42 pm #576621 Back to Top REPORT
    rsutton
    rsutton

Honda all the way!

I would not buy Polaris!

May 2, 2013 at 9:25 pm #576629 Back to Top REPORT
    rickym
    RickyM

Honda all the way! 

I would not buy Polaris!

same here!

May 2, 2013 at 9:56 pm #576635 Back to Top REPORT
    montucky
    montucky

I have had 4 of the major brands..   I had  good and bad in all.   The best piece of advice I can give you is figure out what you think you will be using the machine for.   Figure out what options you want and then find a model the fits those  Needs.    Once you do that Go up in motor size and add a few options.   You will regret not going full bore if you settle for what will work.    Power steering seems like a joke until you hit a stump and break your wrist.   full independent suspension seems like luxury till you take a long rough trail Beat your body to the bone and are dreading the ride home.   Having high horsepower seems like something for the kids until you get in a quagmire and the machine can’t  even turn a tire and your stuck.

I currently own a Polaris. A machine I love. However Polaris warranty is the biggest joke I’ve ever dealt with. Weakest axles on the market.     My Hondas ran forever and could not kill them.  However the were the slowest hardest riding machines I ever been on.  Kawasaki good machine but took the front d ifferential out. Warranty covered every penny of the 2300 dollar fix.  No questions asked.   Arctic cat.   Well. Ok. Some machines i had no good experience with.

My point is brand bias aside. Go bigger and better than you think you need .    You will loose money upgrading if you decide you want more.   Do it right first time.

my next wheeler will likely be another brute force Kawasaki.    My side by side.   Never get rid of my polaris rzr s

May 3, 2013 at 5:29 am #576648 Back to Top REPORT
    reezenenuff
    Reezenenuff

I bought two Polaris 4-wheelers 3 years ago. A Sportsman 500HO, and a Sportsman 300 for the wife. No problems whatsoever! I would definitely recommend Polaris. They do anything I ask of them (which is alot sometimes).
    Mathews Chill X, Extreme Outdoors AdjuStabilizer, IQ 5 pin sight, Extreme Outdoors Self film mount, Rage Broadheads
    May 3, 2013 at 10:25 am #576680 Back to Top REPORT
    caswell80
    caswell80

Honda!  Incredibly reliable!!
    May 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm #576743 Back to Top REPORT
    blackdog
    BlackDog

Honda! Incredibly reliable!!

Bought my first Honda in 1993. Sold it to a friend in 2009 (I wanted 4wh dr model) and he’s still using it (hard!). I rode it out on his farm last August.

Still have my Rubicon 500 and only had one minor problem with it. Shop delivered it and it wouldn’t start to get it off the truck (dead battery on a brand spankin new machine LOL – Figure a bad internal plate). They took it back to the shop, replaced the battery and checked out the rest of the machine. No problems since.

My only regret is I didn’t get the power steering. Would be easier for the wife to use.

I use it to haul my 5×8 steel trailer around the property, spray, plow, groundwork, snow removal and riding and hunting. Oh and I occasionally skid logs out of the woods with it. I don’t need a speed demon. Just want it to work.

So far – happy camper! Go Honda!

May 3, 2013 at 3:57 pm #576751 Back to Top REPORT
    mike25
    mike25

I vote a kingquad. I’vthrashed he’d on mine relentlessly and she still takes more. Flipped, slammed into stuff, pulled more weight than it should, plowed mile long lanes at fast speeds. It might not have the on luxuries of a polaris but IMO in terms of price versus reliability and bamy for the buck.. Suzuki has the quad market whipped.
    May 3, 2013 at 10:04 pm #576800 Back to Top REPORT
    caswell80
    caswell80

Honda! Incredibly reliable!!

Bought my first Honda in 1993. Sold it to a friend in 2009 (I wanted 4wh dr model) and he’s still using it (hard!). I rode it out on his farm last August. Still have my Rubicon 500 and only had one minor problem with it. Shop delivered it and it wouldn’t start to get it off the truck (dead battery on a brand spankin new machine LOL – Figure a bad internal plate). They took it back to the shop, replaced the battery and checked out the rest of the machine. No problems since. My only regret is I didn’t get the power steering. Would be easier for the wife to use. I use it to haul my 5×8 steel trailer around the property, spray, plow, groundwork, snow removal and riding and hunting. Oh and I occasionally skid logs out of the woods with it. I don’t need a speed demon. Just want it to work. So far – happy camper! Go Honda!

My brother in law still uses the Honda 3 wheeler he bought in 1985!  Worked hoeing beans and sugar beets to pay for it and it is used 4-5 days a week.

May 3, 2013 at 10:28 pm #576807 Back to Top REPORT
    micky
    Micky

We have been using Polaris for years. Great machines. I bought Trace has a Sportsman 90 and myself a Polaris Sportsman 550 in December.  Kenny has a couple of Sportsman 6 wheelers. We have used Rangers and RangerCrews for several years. Polaris builds some great machines.

Trace and “Princess” on Trace’s Sportsman 90.

We round up sheep with the four wheelers, and he pretty much thinks he is BAD.

May 4, 2013 at 8:26 am #576827 Back to Top REPORT
    rabbit
    Rabbit

View My Bows
    Thanks everyone! I’m going looking today, got every manufacturer mentioned with in 20 miles of each other not far from me. Guess we’ll see what we find!
    May 4, 2013 at 9:08 am #576835 Back to Top REPORT
    micky
    Micky

Thanks everyone! I’m going looking today, got every manufacturer mentioned with in 20 miles of each other not far from me. Guess we’ll see what we find!

Good luck, Dennis! I am sure that you will find a great 4 wheeler that will provide years of service.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)