2014 Mathews Forum Turkey Contest – Rules and Official Signup Thread!

Home Forums Bow Hunting 2014 Mathews Forum Turkey Contest – Rules and Official Signup Thread!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 19 contributors, and was last updated by thunderchicken21 thunderchicken21 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • March 7, 2014 at 1:37 pm #622026 Back to Top REPORT
    thunderchicken21
    thunderchicken21

2014.0224FBcoverBully

DIRECTIONS:

•  This contest will include all 6 subspecies of wild turkey as recognized by the NWTF.
    • This will be BOW ONLY

To submit an entry a participant must include:

• - your screen name
    • - beard length (in inches)
    • - individual spur lengths (in inches)
    • - a photo of himself/herself with the turkey and your bow. photo must be of entire turkey as to make sure no mounts are entered
    • - a legible photo of legal properly filled out tag unless your state doesn’t use them. In that case, documentation (or a link to) stating such.

E-mail all the required info to brettbueltel@hotmail.com and I’ll verify everything is in order and update your team with the earned points. Don’t forget to include your forum name and the team you’re on as I may not be able to figure that out from your e-mail address.

CONTEST DEADLINE

•  The contest will run from March 1, 2014 until June 1, 2014. After that time the contest will be closed for entries.
    •  If there are seasons running later than June 1st, please let me know.
    •  This will be a team contest. Number of people on the team will be decided by the number of entries, but will be around 4 people per team.

SIGNUP

• Signup starts now in this thread!
    • Sign ups will end on March 21st at 12 pm E.S.T.  At that time all the names will be randomly selected for the teams.

SCORING:

• 1 turkey will be counted per person.
    • You can upgrade your turkey (once) if you take a bigger one.

We will use the NWTF scoring method, except weight will not be used for scoring.

http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html

Bonus points will be added for:

• +4 points for head shot
    • +4 points for a filmed hunt, with dedicated cameraman (has to be shared with the forum)
    • +10 points for a SELFILMED (self-filmed) hunt (has to be shared with the forum)

All successful SELFILMED hunts will receive a small prize.

Prizes will be determined at a later date.

In the event that a tiebreaker is needed the team with the most turkeys entered will win.

If you have any questions please contact me.

Keep in mind that this contest is for fun and should never be taken too seriously. As we go deeper into this we surely will find discrepancies as well as unforeseen circumstances that may appear to hinder any one person or his/her team. While I will do my best to reasonably accommodate any concerns that may arise I can’t guarantee everyone’s complete satisfaction. Please remember that each case will be judged individually and given the same consideration regardless of who is requesting or when they do so.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!!

**THIS CONTEST IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH MATHEWS, INC IN ANY MANNER. IT IS A CONTEST RUN BY THE FORUM MEMBERS, FOR THE FORUM MEMBERS.**

All We Do Is SELFILMED
    March 7, 2014 at 1:39 pm #622028 Back to Top REPORT
    thunderchicken21
    thunderchicken21

I’m In {#emotions_dlg.mathews_arrow}
    All We Do Is SELFILMED
    March 7, 2014 at 2:18 pm #622049 Back to Top REPORT
    vash
    vash

so  cool!!  i love following the turkey contest.

i dont join..i tend to pressure myself too much..and jinx myself..good luck gents..cant wait to see the entries trickle in.

March 7, 2014 at 4:50 pm #622091 Back to Top REPORT
    paulke6
    paulke6

Count me in     I cant wait
    March 7, 2014 at 7:19 pm #622100 Back to Top REPORT
    njbowman
    NJBowman

View My Bows
    I’m in and thanks for doing this!
    March 7, 2014 at 8:04 pm #622106 Back to Top REPORT
    vanfossen
    vanfossen

I’m in team me up

Bowhunt Madness

March 9, 2014 at 6:04 pm #622271 Back to Top REPORT
    danf
    DanF

View My Bows
    I will join in again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

March 9, 2014 at 8:17 pm #622294 Back to Top REPORT
    zxtmike
    ZXTMike

View My Bows
    I’m in.
    Mike Svoma 2013 Mathews ZXT 30/60 camo riser, black limbs Flo green accessories Ultrarest HDX Green Axion Gridlock Stab Lost Camo G5 Optix Site CX Maxima Hunter 350 NAP Killzone 100
    March 9, 2014 at 8:52 pm #622296 Back to Top REPORT
    ib_reel
    ib_reel

I’m in
    Tactical Heli-M 27" / 62# - Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro - HHA Optimizer Ultra Lite w. 3rd Axis extension - Victory VAP 1's - Grim Reaper Razortips - Team Torquless " Thanks Dave " - KTech Multi rod 8"
    March 10, 2014 at 5:52 am #622329 Back to Top REPORT
    ikedogg
    Ikedogg

I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doing what we do best Bow hunting Whitetails. Check us out on FB Brathas-Grimm Outdoors.
    March 10, 2014 at 7:57 am #622332 Back to Top REPORT
    q2hunter
    q2hunter

Count me in.

I don’t really play to win, I play more for the opportunity to share the season with like minded folks on the team and the site in general.  I didn’t say anything last year, but I am going to this year.  I’m not crazy about the extra points for the filming.  I don’t have a thing in the world against the filming, I love to watch hunting shows myself, just not something I’m into all that much unless I’m filming my kids.  I feel the majority of us on here do not film ourselves/have a cameraman.  Might I suggest next year (since I am, glass half full, from a standpoint of the Mathews community holding on through this rough period) that the filmed stuff be separated some how?  Not to exclude those who do film from the contest, but maybe have a forum vote at the seasons end on all the filmed hunts for everyones favorite video?  Just a suggestion, not a game breaker by any means for me.  Both our deer contest and turkey contest are kept respectively fair in the since that only one entry counts for turkeys and only one entry each for a doe and buck for deer for those that have a shorter season and/or lower bag limits.  Not everyone has the means/passion/opportunity to film hunts.  If I am the only one who feels this way, I do stand for democracy, and will not take my toys and go home over it. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

March 10, 2014 at 8:27 am #622333 Back to Top REPORT
    vince71969
    vince71969

View My Bows
    I’m in ;)
    March 10, 2014 at 8:33 am #622334 Back to Top REPORT
    diehard
    Diehard

I’m in!
    March 10, 2014 at 2:51 pm #622361 Back to Top REPORT
    thunderchicken21
    thunderchicken21

Count me in. 

I don’t really play to win, I play more for the opportunity to share the season with like minded folks on the team and the site in general. I didn’t say anything last year, but I am going to this year. I’m not crazy about the extra points for the filming. I don’t have a thing in the world against the filming, I love to watch hunting shows myself, just not something I’m into all that much unless I’m filming my kids. I feel the majority of us on here do not film ourselves/have a cameraman. Might I suggest next year (since I am, glass half full, from a standpoint of the Mathews community holding on through this rough period) that the filmed stuff be separated some how? Not to exclude those who do film from the contest, but maybe have a forum vote at the seasons end on all the filmed hunts for everyones favorite video? Just a suggestion, not a game breaker by any means for me. Both our deer contest and turkey contest are kept respectively fair in the since that only one entry counts for turkeys and only one entry each for a doe and buck for deer for those that have a shorter season and/or lower bag limits. Not everyone has the means/passion/opportunity to film hunts. If I am the only one who feels this way, I do stand for democracy, and will not take my toys and go home over it. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

q2hunter, I appreciate the opinion.

I added the filming aspect to add a little excitement into the contest.  While not everyone is out filming their hunts, there are a lot out there that do and/or are starting to get into it.  Maybe I’ll append the rules to lower the “extra credit” for a selfilmed hunt, but the same could be said for head shots as not everyone takes them.  Again, the extra points are only to add a little extra to the contest.  I see other contests online where you can get extra credit for shooting something with a “Brand X” bow or by having something written on a piece of paper in the photos.  Those contests aren’t fair to others shooting “Brand Y” or “Brand Z” bows.  Like those contest, I’m only running this for something fun to do in the spring time and no one here is getting paid money or anything for winning. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_smile}

Bottom line, I just want everyone to have fun and enjoy being out in the woods hunting turkeys… {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

All We Do Is SELFILMED
    March 11, 2014 at 7:26 am #622409 Back to Top REPORT
    q2hunter
    q2hunter

Count me in.

I don’t really play to win, I play more for the opportunity to share the season with like minded folks on the team and the site in general. I didn’t say anything last year, but I am going to this year. I’m not crazy about the extra points for the filming. I don’t have a thing in the world against the filming, I love to watch hunting shows myself, just not something I’m into all that much unless I’m filming my kids. I feel the majority of us on here do not film ourselves/have a cameraman. Might I suggest next year (since I am, glass half full, from a standpoint of the Mathews community holding on through this rough period) that the filmed stuff be separated some how? Not to exclude those who do film from the contest, but maybe have a forum vote at the seasons end on all the filmed hunts for everyones favorite video? Just a suggestion, not a game breaker by any means for me. Both our deer contest and turkey contest are kept respectively fair in the since that only one entry counts for turkeys and only one entry each for a doe and buck for deer for those that have a shorter season and/or lower bag limits. Not everyone has the means/passion/opportunity to film hunts. If I am the only one who feels this way, I do stand for democracy, and will not take my toys and go home over it. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

q2hunter, I appreciate the opinion.

I added the filming aspect to add a little excitement into the contest. While not everyone is out filming their hunts, there are a lot out there that do and/or are starting to get into it. Maybe I’ll append the rules to lower the “extra credit” for a selfilmed hunt, but the same could be said for head shots as not everyone takes them. Again, the extra points are only to add a little extra to the contest. I see other contests online where you can get extra credit for shooting something with a “Brand X” bow or by having something written on a piece of paper in the photos. Those contests aren’t fair to others shooting “Brand Y” or “Brand Z” bows. Like those contest, I’m only running this for something fun to do in the spring time and no one here is getting paid money or anything for winning. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_smile}

Bottom line, I just want everyone to have fun and enjoy being out in the woods hunting turkeys…{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

And thank you for doing it Brett!  Wasn’t a personal shot by any means. You made my point above probably a lot clearer than I did. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)