2013 Mathews Forum Update

Home Forums General Archery Discussion 2013 Mathews Forum Update

This topic contains 117 replies, has 59 contributors, and was last updated by  bowbuilder 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author
  • March 2, 2013 at 1:56 pm #566344 Back to Top REPORT

Leemann62

This format is really bad and not user friendly. At least when gmail did something like this we have a choice to keep the old format. This format is slow and tediuos, I think it will deter people from using the forum. I will check from time to time if they fix this but for now I dont even enjoy being on here. I used to pop on every night but not any more, its too bad, I have gotten alot of good info from here but when its so bad that I dont even like looking at the pages its just not worth it. I would think Mathews would want  more followers and users not less. Just my honest assesment, change is not always better just for the sake of change. I hope to see it back, closer to the old format someday. Thanks to all the members for all the great help in the past.
    March 2, 2013 at 4:01 pm #566354 Back to Top REPORT
    joaxe
    joaxe

This format is really bad and not user friendly. At least when gmail did something like this we have a choice to keep the old format. This format is slow and tediuos, I think it will deter people from using the forum. I will check from time to time if they fix this but for now I dont even enjoy being on here. I used to pop on every night but not any more, its too bad, I have gotten alot of good info from here but when its so bad that I dont even like looking at the pages its just not worth it. I would think Mathews would want more followers and users not less. Just my honest assesment, change is not always better just for the sake of change. I hope to see it back, closer to the old format someday. Thanks to all the members for all the great help in the past.

I must agree…apparently, there was testing that was conducted??

I am an IT professional.  If I had launched a solution or change to a production system with these kinds of problems (after the so-called “testing”), I would be fired on the spot.  However, I do understand that Mathews needed to eliminate the subdomain to incorporate the top-level domain functionalilty to the forums.  So, I may return to see if the issues are resolved and the forum/site performance is what it should be.  But, for now, it’s a “painful” user experience.

Joe

"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!" Mathews Switchback XT 28" DL MBG Radiant, Whisker Biscuit, String Splitter Strikers/Tricks/Blazers, Aero Hunter and World's Best Strings
    March 2, 2013 at 4:13 pm #566382 Back to Top REPORT
    jeffgothro
    JeffGothro

View My Bows

This format is really bad and not user friendly. At least when gmail did something like this we have a choice to keep the old format. This format is slow and tediuos, I think it will deter people from using the forum. I will check from time to time if they fix this but for now I dont even enjoy being on here. I used to pop on every night but not any more, its too bad, I have gotten alot of good info from here but when its so bad that I dont even like looking at the pages its just not worth it. I would think Mathews would want more followers and users not less. Just my honest assesment, change is not always better just for the sake of change. I hope to see it back, closer to the old format someday. Thanks to all the members for all the great help in the past.

Ditto, I agree.

March 3, 2013 at 10:49 am #566588 Back to Top REPORT
    kdohio
    kdohio

Adjusting and trying to get use to it. It’s different. I will keep working at it to learn all the functions.
    Z-7 65# 30"
    March 3, 2013 at 12:37 pm #566603 Back to Top REPORT
    statedriller
    statedriller

I am an IT professional. If I had launched a solution or change to a production system with these kinds of problems (after theso-called “testing”), I would be fired on the spot. However, I do understand that Mathews needed to eliminate the subdomain to incorporate the top-level domain functionalilty to the forums. So, I may return to see if the issues are resolved and the forum/site performance is what it should be. But, for now, it’s a “painful” user experience.

Joe

Joe, there was testing done by some here from all aspects of users.  Although not many of us liked the look, everything functioned the way it should in testing.  When they did the switchover, things went a little crazy.  I know we didn’t catch every glitch in testing, but…  Anyway.  It was also stated by most in testing that the new platform was not quite ready for launch….  Why they had to have it “right now” is beyond me.

The end is near....
    March 3, 2013 at 12:59 pm #566607 Back to Top REPORT
    paq2shooter
    PaQ2Shooter

View My Bows
    This forum stinks, too slow, i like the old one way better. I added my bow to the bow case but now it’s not there. Not impressed with this new forum{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_down}
    March 3, 2013 at 1:05 pm #566609 Back to Top REPORT
    paq2shooter
    PaQ2Shooter

View My Bows

I hate it, switch it back

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2013 at 7:13 am #566731 Back to Top REPORT
    bow4um
    BOW4UM

Yep im not visiting this sight much any more either as its painful. I cant seem to do anything. I will check back occasionally but so far its a real deterrent and heck may cause me to get an Elite Answer instead of the Creed.  Sorry but I use to enjoy this place tremendously. Still love all you guys just H* the new improved format. Its funny we loos e so much to gain a better search -{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_down} Hate to be so negative but not everyone is a computer guru.
    My Buck killing skills are sick – too bad there not contagious!!!
    March 4, 2013 at 10:35 am #566788 Back to Top REPORT
    straightedge123
    StraightEdge123

At least at present, I can see no detectable difference in how quickly I can navigate through the site.

I do miss some of the smiley options.

There is too much white space on the screen.

I feel that I need to mention that there is way too much white space on the screen.

Mathews S2 / Copper John 4-pin / QAD HD LD / Worlds Best Strings / 808 Bowslings / Easton Bloodlines
    March 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm #566828 Back to Top REPORT
    statedriller
    statedriller

At least at present, I can see no detectable difference in how quickly I can navigate through the site.  I do miss some of the smiley options. There is too much white space on the screen. There is too much white space on the screen. There is too much white space on the screen. I feel that I need to mention that there is way too much white space on the screen.

Believe me, I complained about that the entire time.  It hurts my eyes to look at the site for more than a few minutes….  I don’t know why they chose this white wash, but they did…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by rickym RickyM.
    The end is near....
    March 4, 2013 at 8:11 pm #566937 Back to Top REPORT
    sticks
    sticks

View My Bows

At least at present, I can see no detectable difference in how quickly I can navigate through the site. I do miss some of the smiley options. There is too much white space on the screen. There is too much white space on the screen. There is too much white space on the screen. I feel that I need to mention that there is way too much white space on the screen.

Believe me, I complained about that the entire time. It hurts my eyes to look at the site for more than a few minutes…. I don’t know why they chose this white wash, but they did…

Evidently the profanity filter isn’t working.{#emotions_dlg.mathews_whistle}

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by rickym RickyM.
    How are you living your Dash?
    March 5, 2013 at 9:13 am #567067 Back to Top REPORT
    uncle-t
    Uncle T

Every time I log in  The ammount of new posts keep going up.
    If  I log out and back in again all the new posts are still there.
    It’s over 300 now  and tomorrow they’ll still be there.
    I can’t find how to mark posts as read so they’ll go away.
    not to mention how slow the system is now.

I too am frustrated with the new system.

Uncle T

March 5, 2013 at 9:35 am #567072 Back to Top REPORT
    bow-drawn
    Bow Drawn

View My Bows

I am an IT professional. If I had launched a solution or change to a production system with these kinds of problems (after theso-called “testing”), I would be fired on the spot. However, I do understand that Mathews needed to eliminate the subdomain to incorporate the top-level domain functionalilty to the forums. So, I may return to see if the issues are resolved and the forum/site performance is what it should be. But, for now, it’s a “painful” user experience.

Joe

Joe, there was testing done by some here from all aspects of users. Although not many of us liked the look, everything functioned the way it should in testing. When they did the switchover, things went a little crazy. I know we didn’t catch every glitch in testing, but… Anyway. It was also stated by most in testing that the new platform was not quite ready for launch…. Why they had to have it “right now” is beyond me.

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_nicethread}  So many questions and dislikes about this forum and it is making it head in the wrong direction. Does nothing like all the other forums out there and being unique doesn’t add quality but distracts it’s ability to function as a forum. Almost every forum I’ve seen as of late has so much more to offer in the way it functions. All good solid critiques are being offered here.

March 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm #567225 Back to Top REPORT
    statedriller
    statedriller

And now we have a Sticky attack….{#emotions_dlg.mathews_doah}
    The end is near....
    March 6, 2013 at 9:28 am #567293 Back to Top REPORT
    bow-drawn
    Bow Drawn

View My Bows

And now we have a Sticky attack….{#emotions_dlg.mathews_doah}

A couple more sticky threads posted and the first page is gone. And that’s a design flaw.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)