2013 Mathews Forum Update

Home Forums General Archery Discussion 2013 Mathews Forum Update

This topic contains 117 replies, has 59 contributors, and was last updated by  bowbuilder 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)
  • Author
  • February 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm #560215 Back to Top REPORT
    jholman
    Jake Holman

View My Bows
    As you may have noticed, Mathews has recently made several updates to the Forum and have upgraded the platform to provide additional features and benefits for our users.

Why An Updated Forum ?

Transitioning the Mathews Forum from the previous forums.mathewsinc.com domain name to mathewsinc.com was primarily done for two reasons:

Single Platform Integration

The two sites—forums.mathewsinc.com and mathewsinc.com required two separate log in’s to access user’s ‘My Mathews’ and ‘Forum’ accounts. In order to provide for a long term beneficial user experience, we have made the commitment towards combining the Forum and Mathews’ website under a single popular platform which will allow Mathews to provide enhanced user integration and services for all of its online users moving forward. Rather than providing services to separate sites under separate platforms, this change will make it easier to provide services and a better user experience to our entire online customer in a consistent and efficient manner. Our intent is to move towards a community environment across our site to allow users a single sign on to access Bow Visualizer, the Forum, Mathews Minute eNewsletter subscription, and all of our other personalization features that will be offered to you in the future.

Search Engine Optimization

Being under a separate domain name Mathews is unable to leverage the thousands of key words within the Forum for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes. Bringing the Forum under the MathewsInc.Com URL will allow all the content within the Forums to be indexed and optimized; ideally bringing more organic traffic to the main Mathews site and increasing the rank within Google.

Continuous Improvement

Mathews enlisted the help of about 10 dedicated Forum members who were instrumental in testing and providing valuable recommendations so that the “new Forum’s” functionality met the standards of our members and served as a more valuable tool.

As with any software updates, issues may arise and there will always be room for improvement. We welcome any suggestions and promise continuous improvement efforts will be made so that this community can experience the very best Forum environment.

SOME IMPORTANT NOTES IN REGARDS THE MIGRATION PROCESS:

All current form topics/threads were imported into the new system.

All forum user accounts were migrated into the new system as a My Mathews Account. If you already have an account on mathewsinc.com, your user account from the forums was automatically transferred into that account if your email addresses matched. If not, a new My Mathews account was created for you and all of your forum information in regards to topics/threads will be maintained within that account.

User signatures were not ported over and will need to be remade.

User Avatars were ported over within your account.

Not all imagery within posts was able to be ported over from threads. A notification was made prior to the transfer to encourage saving of important imagery from the old forum.

Private Messages were not ported over with your account.

Thank you for your support and patience during this migration process. We look forward to providing more features in the future!

Mathews Inc.

February 19, 2013 at 4:25 pm #560242 Back to Top REPORT
    wrkdvr
    wrkdvr

I’d say there are still some kinks to iron out, as now avatars are gone, and pictures come up as small squares, with question marks inside.  The lay out is different, and I like the look of it, as it matches the Mathews Inc. site.
    February 19, 2013 at 4:51 pm #560265 Back to Top REPORT

This is hard to get use to.

Why has my log in user name changed to my email? Why can’t I change my display name? Can someone tell me where I need to go to get things back the way I had them before the upgrade?

February 19, 2013 at 5:15 pm #560271 Back to Top REPORT

Butcher Creek Bowhunter

If this update was intended to be a forum upgrade, you sure had me fooled if things are functioning as they are suppose to be at this time. The time it takes to move from one forum to another or within topics is ridiculous. I also think the new format is terrible, and whoever came up with this idea, and thinks it is an improvement, needs to look for another line of work.
    February 19, 2013 at 5:29 pm #560296 Back to Top REPORT
    tominator
    Tominator

Looks good too me!{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}
    February 19, 2013 at 5:37 pm #560300 Back to Top REPORT

This is hard to get use to. 

Why has my log in user name changed to my email? Why can’t I change my display name? Can someone tell me where I need to go to get things back the way I had them before the upgrade?

• This reply was modified 39 minutes ago by buckysGT.

I figured out the display name. I changed my nickname.  This was very confusing as there is a display name as well. Still would like to know how to change my user log in name.

February 19, 2013 at 5:42 pm #560301 Back to Top REPORT
    jholman
    Jake Holman

View My Bows
    I figured out the display name. I changed my nickname. This was very confusing as there is a display name as well. Still would like to know how to change my user log in name.

buckysGT, I’ll look into this right away and try to get it straightened out for you.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

February 19, 2013 at 6:49 pm #560345 Back to Top REPORT
    carolinagreenhead
    carolinagreenhead

This is a whole lot different. It will take some adjustment.
    February 19, 2013 at 7:29 pm #560381 Back to Top REPORT
    bldtralr
    Bldtralr

Why ???? had one of the IF NOT THE BESt web sites. sometimes change is not good didn’t learn the first time !!!! oh well bye
    February 19, 2013 at 7:38 pm #560385 Back to Top REPORT
    bow4life
    bow4life

Thanks for all your hard work, I don’t think it’s working too bad. {#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}
    February 19, 2013 at 8:17 pm #560418 Back to Top REPORT
    chadschoff
    chadschoff

View My Bows
    Looks good to me!!

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up}

Mathews DXT
    February 19, 2013 at 8:27 pm #560422 Back to Top REPORT
    micky
    Micky

{#emotions_dlg.mathews_thumbs_up} Looking good.
    February 19, 2013 at 8:33 pm #560433 Back to Top REPORT
    fats
    Fats

Some peeps will like it, others won’t.  Nothing perfect lasts forever, except in our memory… that’s a quote!
    February 19, 2013 at 9:04 pm #560471 Back to Top REPORT
    jeff-k-in-il
    Jeff K in IL

Why ???? had one of the IF NOT THE BESt web sites. sometimes change is not good didn’t learn the first time !!!! oh well bye

Obviously you have a reading issue.  If you re-read Jake’s post above it will explain why they were wanting to do this.  It sure makes the up-keep of the forum much easier.  The old forum was a tad behind in technology.

February 19, 2013 at 9:13 pm #560489 Back to Top REPORT
    nc_thin_dawg
    NC Thin Dawg

Photo Gallery
    I’ve seen worse…..believe me I’ve seen worse!
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday." John Wayne
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 118 total)