2013 Creed vs. HeliM, a photographic comparison!

Home Forums General Archery Discussion 2013 Creed vs. HeliM, a photographic comparison!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 contributors, and was last updated by lpace lpace 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • November 30, 2012 at 9:52 pm #542098 Back to Top REPORT
    indychris
    Indychris

Thanks a very interesting side by side very of the two. The Creed just looks better there does it not. :whistle :whistle

:D :-k :-k does it…. :whistle :p …not seeing why the speed loss…looks want to make it faster

:D
    Neil[/quote:2ekwnwl2]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:2ekwnwl2]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:2ekwnwl2]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:2ekwnwl2]

The larger top wheel is about the same size as the cam and that combination makes for lower turning speed. If it was smaller the speed might be back to the same as the Helim’s. Just a thought. :whistle :whistle[/quote:2ekwnwl2]

But for the size of the wheel to impact the speed of the bow, wouldn’t that indicate that the “idler” wheel in fact isn’t “idle”? [/quote:2ekwnwl2]
    A rose is still a rose …………… diameter of the idler “wheel” or pulley does effect the speed at which it turns.[/quote:2ekwnwl2]

Now you know why I’m a teaching pastor instead of an engineer. :^O

December 1, 2012 at 2:23 am #542099 Back to Top REPORT
    gjarcher
    gjarcher

View My Bows
    …A rose is still a rose …………… diameter of the idler “wheel” or pulley does effect the speed at which it turns.

Hmmm … I think you mean the diameter of the idler wheel doesn’t determine the speed of the string travel … it does certainly determine the angular rate; ie. the rate of idler wheel spin.

December 1, 2012 at 2:51 pm #542100 Back to Top REPORT
    lpace
    lpace

…A rose is still a rose …………… diameter of the idler “wheel” or pulley does effect the speed at which it turns.

Hmmm … I think you mean the diameter of the idler wheel doesn’t determine the speed of the string travel … it does certainly determine the angular rate; ie. the rate of idler wheel spin.[/quote:2t80taov]

Yup, angular velocity is a function of the radius of the (in this case) wheel.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)