2013 Creed vs. HeliM, a photographic comparison!

Home Forums General Archery Discussion 2013 Creed vs. HeliM, a photographic comparison!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 contributors, and was last updated by lpace lpace 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • November 27, 2012 at 10:56 pm #497005 Back to Top REPORT
    widgeon
    Widgeon

Last year I did a few overlayed graphics showing the difference between the HeliM and Z7. I’ve had many requests for a repeat this year, so here is the Creed vs. HeliM version! Both bows are spec’ed at 30″ ATA so that was my basis for scaling the images. There are two images, one centered on the axles, another on the grips. As always, see the full right up and larger images on ArcheryReport.com: http://archeryreport.com/2012/11/2013-m … eed-helim/

November 27, 2012 at 11:18 pm #542084 Back to Top REPORT
    l-o-s-t-arrow
    L.O.S.T.Arrow

:D Interesting as usual…thanks for that…wondered… :thumbup

brings up a question or two for me to look into…
    :D
    Neil

November 28, 2012 at 2:48 am #542085 Back to Top REPORT
    jeeper
    Jeeper

Very interesting. Thanks. :thumbup :thumbup
    You are now reading my signature.
    November 28, 2012 at 4:03 pm #542086 Back to Top REPORT
    bow-drawn
    Bow Drawn

View My Bows
    Thanks a very interesting side by side very of the two. The Creed just looks better there does it not. :whistle :whistle
    November 28, 2012 at 4:55 pm #542087 Back to Top REPORT
    l-o-s-t-arrow
    L.O.S.T.Arrow

Thanks a very interesting side by side very of the two. The Creed just looks better there does it not. :whistle :whistle

:D :-k :-k does it…. :whistle :p …not seeing why the speed loss…looks want to make it faster

Neil

November 28, 2012 at 4:59 pm #542088 Back to Top REPORT
    jeff-k-in-il
    Jeff K in IL

:D :-k :-k does it…. :whistle :p …not seeing why the speed loss…looks want to make it faster

Neil[/quote:33th8idb]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.

November 28, 2012 at 6:44 pm #542089 Back to Top REPORT
    bow-drawn
    Bow Drawn

View My Bows

Neil[/quote:2398snpy]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:2398snpy]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.

November 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm #542090 Back to Top REPORT
    l-o-s-t-arrow
    L.O.S.T.Arrow

Neil[/quote:3m9o2fjw]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:3m9o2fjw]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:3m9o2fjw]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…

November 28, 2012 at 7:58 pm #542091 Back to Top REPORT
    bow-drawn
    Bow Drawn

View My Bows

Neil[/quote:ovf1qe7h]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:ovf1qe7h]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:ovf1qe7h]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:ovf1qe7h]

The larger top wheel is about the same size as the cam and that combination makes for lower turning speed. If it was smaller the speed might be back to the same as the Helim’s. Just a thought. :whistle :whistle

November 28, 2012 at 8:12 pm #542092 Back to Top REPORT
    jeff-k-in-il
    Jeff K in IL

Neil[/quote:32f75ssi]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:32f75ssi]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:32f75ssi]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:32f75ssi]

I’d have to compare the cams, and their DFC’s hand in hand, but I doubt the cam is more aggressive.

November 28, 2012 at 8:22 pm #542093 Back to Top REPORT
    indychris
    Indychris

Neil[/quote:25195etm]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:25195etm]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:25195etm]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:25195etm]

The larger top wheel is about the same size as the cam and that combination makes for lower turning speed. If it was smaller the speed might be back to the same as the Helim’s. Just a thought. :whistle :whistle[/quote:25195etm]

But for the size of the wheel to impact the speed of the bow, wouldn’t that indicate that the “idler” wheel in fact isn’t “idle”?

November 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm #542094 Back to Top REPORT
    bow-drawn
    Bow Drawn

View My Bows

Neil[/quote:1hw5y6jb]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:1hw5y6jb]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:1hw5y6jb]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:1hw5y6jb]

The larger top wheel is about the same size as the cam and that combination makes for lower turning speed. If it was smaller the speed might be back to the same as the Helim’s. Just a thought. :whistle :whistle[/quote:1hw5y6jb]

But for the size of the wheel to impact the speed of the bow, wouldn’t that indicate that the “idler” wheel in fact isn’t “idle”? [/quote:1hw5y6jb]
    A rose is still a rose …………… diameter of the idler “wheel” or pulley does effect the speed at which it turns.

November 29, 2012 at 5:19 am #542095 Back to Top REPORT
    jeff-k-in-il
    Jeff K in IL

Neil[/quote:9sys5i21]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:9sys5i21]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:9sys5i21]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:9sys5i21]

The larger top wheel is about the same size as the cam and that combination makes for lower turning speed. If it was smaller the speed might be back to the same as the Helim’s. Just a thought. :whistle :whistle[/quote:9sys5i21]

But for the size of the wheel to impact the speed of the bow, wouldn’t that indicate that the “idler” wheel in fact isn’t “idle”? [/quote:9sys5i21]

The size in relation to the cam certainly can affect the bow.

November 29, 2012 at 5:33 pm #542096 Back to Top REPORT
    vince71969
    vince71969

View My Bows

Neil[/quote:i7cm5yp1]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:i7cm5yp1]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:i7cm5yp1]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:i7cm5yp1]

I’d have to compare the cams, and their DFC’s hand in hand, but I doubt the cam is more aggressive.[/quote:i7cm5yp1]

The Creed cam is less aggressive.

November 30, 2012 at 2:17 am #542097 Back to Top REPORT
    jeff-k-in-il
    Jeff K in IL

Neil[/quote:1g078ldn]

I think the less reflex in the riser has something to do with it.[/quote:1g078ldn]

I was wondering what that cam design may have changed the FPS. Or the riser difference is about all there could be in the difference with this side by side view. There is a definite difference to me on how they shoot.[/quote:1g078ldn]

:D one would have thunk a bigger cam would have generated a little more speed…[/quote:1g078ldn]

I’d have to compare the cams, and their DFC’s hand in hand, but I doubt the cam is more aggressive.[/quote:1g078ldn]

The Creed cam is less aggressive.[/quote:1g078ldn]

Figured as much. :thumbup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)