05 Outback vs. new Creed

Home Forums General Archery Discussion 05 Outback vs. new Creed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 contributors, and was last updated by blackdog BlackDog 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • November 9, 2013 at 9:58 pm #604315 Back to Top REPORT

billgrafton

All things being equal (draw length, arrow length, arrow rest and release) what advantage will I have with the new Creed as opposed to my old Outback? Currently shooting around 260 fps and have no problem killing deer. Will my speed increase? Will I shoot tighter groups? I paid 550 for this bow brand new. I’m guessing the new one will be twice that much. Will I receive twice the benefit?
    November 9, 2013 at 10:20 pm #604322 Back to Top REPORT
    indychris
    Indychris

The only person who can tell if it’s worth upgrading is you. Have you shot it? What did you think?
    November 10, 2013 at 10:45 am #604372 Back to Top REPORT
    scfox
    SCFox

The new CreedXS has an IBO of 321, compared to 308 on the Outback. Is that enough to warrant an upgrade, for me, no. I think you would be surprised though, if you shot them side by side.  The new bows seem to “feel” better, to me. I had an ’05 Switchback, that I loved and have a friend that still owns one. I shot it along with last years Creed and there was no comparison. The SB is still a great bow, just not in the same league as the new offerings, IMO.

SCFox

M7 Schaffer Opposition Axcel HD Axion stab
    November 10, 2013 at 12:32 pm #604380 Back to Top REPORT
    blackdog
    BlackDog

Can’t exactly answer your question as I don’t own and haven’t shot the new Creed but:

I just passed my Outback (04) to my son. 70 lb bow and I don’t need to be shooting that much these days. Love the bow. Had a Switchback but preferred the Outback.
    Moving on – I now have a Heli-m. Reminds me somewhat of the Outback, but is smoother on the draw, faster and accurate. Of the two, I much prefer the Heli-m.

My point is; I think you’ll like the newer offerings – but you have to do the choosing. Take the Outback and shoot what-ever side-by-side.
    Then you WILL know.

Have fun!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)